The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotparticularly-with-the-wild-tomato-offspring-30483084.aspx

Subject:  Re: Another View of Fiscal Cliff Deal Date:  1/13/2013  4:09 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  666206 of 757042

"particularly with the wild tomato offspring not even fruiting".
----------------------
"Volunteer tomatoes don't fruit? Volunteer tomatoes from hybrids results in random tomato varieties, but the ones I have allowed to mature have produced fruit." vkg

---------------------

The volunteer tomatoes I've seen usually produce cherry tomatoes. When I was a kid in Garden Grove, California there were some empty lots and they had cherry tomato plants growing "wild" in them.

When I lived in Athens, Georgia over by the dog pound there was some empty ground and a big hill. On the other side of the big hill there were always some wild cherry tomatoes growing. One of the guys who worked at the dog pound told me the reason there were volunteer cherry tomatoes there was because he said people would go on the other side of the hill and take a dump and the tomatoes grew up from seeds in people's stool. It actually sort of made sense to me. Needless to say I didn't ever pick those little tomatoes even though they were actually pretty nice looking cherry tomatoes.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us