The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-completing-an-achievment-means-unlocking-30484227.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Achievements Date:  1/14/2013  11:50 AM
Author:  csp Number:  35025 of 35968

If completing an achievment means unlocking something cool and/or useful then I'll typically try to get it.

For non-reward achievements I typically don't worry abuot them ... unless I realize I'm close to getting the platinum trophy (or equivalent) then I'll go look to see what it will take to get that.

The only games where I've conciously worried about achievments were Demon Souls / Dark Souls. I have the platinum trophy for both of those on PS3. I'm not sure why I was so obsessed with getting those since they both required multiple play throughs & a lot of work, but both were hugely satisfying. IIRC both games required 3 play throughs to get the platinum (it took me 4 on Demon Souls since I screwed up) and at least in the case of Demon Souls - a ton of farming. At the end there, I remember every time I had a free minute, I'd just sit down and do 10 farming runs for Cloudstone Chunks. I think it took me something like 120 runs to finally get that last chunk

... BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! :)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us