The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Low Carb Way of Life

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-do-you-like-to-eat-when-you-are-out-and-30484992.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fast and Easy Low Carb Meals Date:  1/14/2013  5:27 PM
Author:  NailThatJello Number:  29939 of 30311

What do you like to eat when you are out and about?

I buy those small romaine lettuce heads you can easily break a leaf off of. Each leaf is shaped like a cup. I squirt some mayonnaise in, throw in some other stuff like cold cuts or cheese, pickles, onions etc. i think the technical term for these are "roll-ups".

I put the elements in little Tupperware type boxes so assembly is easy when hunger hits. I buy mayo in a squeezable tube so no muss no fuss. In a picnic cold box if I'm away for a day or more.

I also carry snacks like those miniature salamis to chew on, and various little round or wedge shaped connoisseur specialty cheeses that I can take a bite from now and then.

Now I've started roasting my own almonds then shaking them with a little oil and spices to make a great snack that travels well. Found out how-to on YouTube. Roasting only takes about ten minutes.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us