7/19...5d Olympic Peninsula
7/24...3d Mt Rainier
7/27...1w Portland/Columbia Gorge
8/3....4d Eugene
8/7....1w Redwood NP/Northern CA coast
8/14...1w <?>
8/21...1w Bay Area
8/28...3d Monterey Bay

If you go to the Glacier National Park website they have a status page which will tell you day by day and campground by campground if the campground filled up on any certain day of previous years. It's really cool. http://home.nps.gov/applications/glac/cgstatus/cgstatus.cfm

I don't remember what size RV you have, but I've been finding that with our 30 ft motorhome that we bought in 2006, we are having to make more and more reservations to get sites. It's a combination of more people camping and the larger size of this RV over our last one.

We were in Glacier for 9 nights late August to early September. I made reservations because we were going to be there over the Labor Day weekend...OY! You might find that if you don't have reservations you might have to move to the first come, first serve campground on the weekends...but I don't know for sure.

We haven't been to Jasper and Banff since 1999...but I'd love to go back. Back then we didn't make reservations but we also had a smaller RV but I'd be inclined to make reservations with our 30 footer.

Keep in mind that Canada has Canada Day which is July 1 so where ever you're going to be on that weekend, you might want reservations too.

8/14 week ideas: My #1 choice would be Yosemite National Park but it is crowded in the summer. You would want to stay in Yosemite Valley and MAKE RESERVATIONS ASAP! #2 would be Lassen National Park & possible side trip to Burney Falls.

Where are you staying in the Bay Area? There aren't a lot of choices and Walmarts might not be an answer because a lot of towns have over night restrictions. I know our town does.

We don't camp much in the summer anymore because it's so busy. I would recommend having reservations for every night you plan to spend in California!!!

Utahtea
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us