The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Running Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-do-you-guys-amp-gals-get-yourself-out-the-30485683.aspx

Subject:  Re: Motivation & gadgets Date:  1/15/2013  4:55 AM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  23336 of 23722

How do you guys & gals get yourself out the door for a run? I keep telling myself that I will, but never actually do it. Would be happy to hear what is the motivation to get out there and run.

Also, anyone using a "motivational gadget"? Something like Fitbit or Nike+ Fuelband or something else?

Do you mean something to make you want to start running ..... or motivation for your off days?

I think everyone goes through spells when they're not so motivated....unless I'm training for something, I usually give into those feelings as long s it's not too often. Otherwise, I just have to tell myself after the first 5 minutes it'll be good (I'm usually right) and make sure that my stuff's ready to go ahead of time.

I use a Garmin but, as much as it does provide a bit of motivational feedback, I don't think it'd be enough if I really didn't want to run.

Vivienne
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us