The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-are-the-other-hollywood-elites-who-say-they-are-30485845.aspx

Subject:  Re: Mr. President, the worst thing you've done.. Date:  1/15/2013  8:58 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  666503 of 757697

So are the other Hollywood elites who say they are 'undertaxed' but don't VOLUNTARILY contribute a dime. Most of them have so many legal tax dodges in place that what they are saying is "Tax the rich guy or gal standing next to me".

I think what they are actually saying is raise the rate, it is good PR-
I know you will take care of me, and keep my deductions in place and build me new ones so you can change the rate to 90 percent again, as long as my payments don't go up do what you have to do to placate the morons who vote liberal based on class warfare arguments. I am not worried about the rich guy next to me, I know you will take care of him too.
DO what you have to do, to get to the wealth of those working stiffs who can't pay you guys off to modify the tax codes. We need their money, it is the only way you guys in government can send money to us.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us