The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/misterfungi-not-at-all-i-have-learned-tons-in-30488055.aspx

Subject:  Re: $950K ... now what? Date:  1/16/2013  6:38 AM
Author:  TMFHockeypop Number:  34690 of 35345

MisterFungi:

Not at all! I have learned tons in the past week. Plus, I have finally gotten off my duff and opened the line of communication to the TIAA-CREF folks.

I got into this thread late, but would suggest that you push the TIAA-CREF advisor for their in-depth, free analysis. They are able to use very sophistated modeling tools to look at your entire portfolio and provide you with advice, which because of their size can be very age specific. Depending on the financial plans you include with your spouse, they are also very good at including the entire family both in their analysis and in their counseling.

As you suggested, they also have many tools for further estate planning.

TIAA-CREF funds are lower than average, but higher than Vanguard. Also check your plan, because TIAA-CREF has added many new funds -- some from Vanguard and others from PIMCO. They are very big and very conservative, but they are non-profit and work for their participants (similar to Vanguard).

You may choose to rollover your funds wherever you choose. But use these very good services at TIAA-CREF before you do.

Good luck!

Bob
RYR Home Foo
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us