The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/charlie-i-like-those-two-rules-you-pointed-out-and-30490945.aspx

Subject:  Re: good time to get rid of some stuff & TLT/SHV Date:  1/17/2013  12:19 PM
Author:  altstrat91 Number:  34701 of 35365

Charlie

i like those two rules you pointed out and the judgment of the superior yachtsman. at this stage of the game for myself, preservation is in fact the priority. i have to keep focus of that objective and not be lured in to abandoning this.

for a brief moment i was reverting back to some old ways of thinking because some of them got to me where i am today. but now after a nice run on the treadmill, i am doing better about this particular position on Genco and seeing things the way they should be seen.

as you pointed out, the risk reward here does not make any sense. the upside vs. the potential loss is completely upside down. i have decided to completely re-evaluate this little venture on Genco so it fits more appropriately with my account and goal. risk management is something i need to stay focused on and not being able to predict something must indeed be protected against. i definitely enjoy crunching numbers and scenarios, so it will not be difficult to do.

i think i am going to duck out for now and go for a walk. talk to you soon Charlie.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us