The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask The Headhunter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-other-words-the-employer-doesnt-get-their-30491287.aspx

Subject:  Re: UI chargeback issue Date:  1/17/2013  2:23 PM
Author:  katinga Number:  49048 of 49426

In other words, the employer doesn't get their money back if the claimant is determined to be intelligible. But the state has an interest in making sure they don't approve benefits to unqualified claimants. I repeat my earlier belief that nothing should be done over the phone and that the claimant should return to the DOL office where they filed their claim to find out what is going on,

My reading of the TWC (what you call DOL) website is that TX will raise the UI rates on an employer who fires someone. This makes a difference for small employers, and thus incentivises an adversarial relationship and hard feelings after a firing. The employee will also be reluctant to appeal if he's going to need the former employer as a reference later on.

Part of what bothers me about this is X getting subjected to a forensic interview over the phone, especially if that person is expert at asking the trick questions that could get X to say something with unintended interpretations being possible.

I've told him to call TWC today to find out what is going on, and to give them the phone number of the person who called.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us