The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/youre-lucky-to-be-living-in-such-an-interesting-30493159.aspx

Subject:  Re: 2% pay cut Date:  1/18/2013  1:09 PM
Author:  Brooklyn1948 Number:  870652 of 886558

You're lucky to be living in such an interesting and beautiful place as Brooklyn (my home town!). You might miss it when you move to the MA burbs, but then, MA may feel exotic to you ;-)

I like living close to the water but not on the water. In my new town I will be able to sit and watch the whale watching boat while relaxing with a cup of coffee.
I have 3 grandchildren in the past three years and see them infrequently because everyone is so busy and they are a few hundred miles away. We are moving so that we can unite as a family again.
I am thrilled that there is a commuter rail right in the town and it goes into Boston. The town itself has much to offer. Above all else I want and need peace and quiet at this time in our lives. The city is very noisy. Living in an apartment building with 80 apartments means that someone is always renovating or making noise. There's noise inside, outside, above us from police and tourist helicopters. And every time the President was in town, two Chinook helicopters flew low and right over my building.
It's maddening. I will not miss any of it!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us