The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Help With This Home Theater

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-theyre-all-encrypted-there-were-claims-30494340.aspx

Subject:  Re: Speakers Date:  1/19/2013  3:32 AM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  10158 of 10537

I think they're all encrypted, there were claims the GSM signals were deeper, but from what I know of CDMA, they are definitely encrypted.. In fact the message or data is a pretty low level signal, down in the weeds we used to say.. If you looked on a spectrum analyzer, you couldn't pick the data packets out of the background noise... and they are all pseudo-randomly mixed as well... The old AMPS was an analog game, open to eavesdropping, pickoff, but I think that's long gone now..

Yes, receive only, they wouldn't respond to any input anyway..

I have a solar Casio 'Atomic" G-Shock watch, tells me to leave it near a window once in a while, no idea where it's picking up it's info...

Another a desk/wall clock, day, date, temp, humidity called SkyScan Atomic Clock says the same thing, leave it near a window, it syncs up, again, no idea where it's really picking it up...

Likely some sort of GPS receiver, so many cells use it, maybe there's some cheap chips out there...

have fun..

weco
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us