The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sorryyour-argument-is-flawed-in-at-least-six-30494395.aspx

Subject:  Re: Atheism Date:  1/19/2013  6:52 AM
Author:  telegraph Number:  667201 of 734367

sorry..your argument is flawed in at least six ways.

1) You never have to disprove a negative. It is up to the person 'claiming' something to prove it, not to someone who does not accept your hypothesis to 'disprove it'. Major fail on your part.

2) You forgot that for a 'believer' , there is the problem , that if they 'accept' that there is at least one godthingie or super-natural being, that there may be hundreds or thousands of them. History clearly shows us that man has been deceived by over 1500 godthingies.....from Wodin to all the Greek and Roman and Egyptian godthingies just to start, each with their own unique super powers and flaws....and of course, the wars and jealously between all the godthingies and between all the 'followers' of godthingies. They sure are a jealous bunch. it's all 'me me me me'.....

3) Atheism is having no deception about fantasizing about godthingies. It is not a 'negative belief'.....and more than you go around telling everyone, hey, I don't have AIDS, cancer, leukemia, brain rot, Alzheimers, and list all known diseases and illnesses. It is like being 'healthy' instead of 'sick'.

If religion gives you the 'crutch' to get through life, so be it. Meanwhile, most Americans now rate religion 10 steps below American Idol for actual meaning in their lives.

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us