The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/forgive-me-i-know-nothing-about-king-world-news-30494434.aspx

Subject:  Re: Germany’s Gold Is Being Held Hostage Date:  1/19/2013  8:35 AM
Author:  Goofyhoofy Number:  413723 of 457452

Forgive me, I know nothing about King World News except what I have learned the last 20 minutes poking around their website and related sites (or at least those which quote it extensively) around the web.

The gold Germany thinks it has at the Fed doesn't actually exist, is that right? Also, the gold in the vaults in Canada doesn't actually exist, or in dramatically short of what is claimed, is that right, too? Also Australia is fudging the books. And the various places where you buy gold but don't take delivery aren't actually storing the gold, they're just selling you pieces of paper so you think you own the metal, correct?

Likewise silver, in some places in a smaller scale, in some, larger. Do I have that right, too?

And, for instance, the reason Germany will repatriate the gold over 7 years can only be because it doesn't exist, so the Fed has to buy it slowly so as not to spook the market, right? There can't be another reason, like security, or construction of new secure facilities, or anything else, can there?

So there's a worldwide conspiracy between the various central banks, and a separate one among several gold stocks and ETF's which claim to have gold storage facilities but actually don't, right? And while King World News knows about this, nobody at the Washington Post or New York Times is even slightly interested in the story?

Makes perfect sense.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us