The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/from-2007-to-early-2012-i-got-almost-all-of-my-30495072.aspx

Subject:  Re: Walmart Prescription Plan Date:  1/19/2013  4:34 PM
Author:  rharmelink Number:  18164 of 19483

From 2007 to early 2012, I got almost all of my prescription drugs at WalMart. However, I was constantly having troubles getting refills from their mail order service. I did have one drug that cost me $156 per month from their retail store, but a 3-month supply from mail order was only $128. And I did get one prescription filled at the store for $23, but 3 weeks later the refill at the same store would have cost me $87.

I switched over to Walgreen's last year, and am much happier with them. Some drugs are cheaper, some a little more expensive. However, Walgreen's does have a $20 annual fee for using their discount list.

In both cases, the cheaper drugs are on a list at their web site, so you should be able to do easy comparisons.

Diabetic supplies are MUCH cheaper at WalMart (which makes me wonder if the founders had family members with Diabetes). For example, a vial of Insulin is $24.88. Anywhere else I've gone for the same is about $80.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us