The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Help With This Home Theater

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/michael-thanks-but-im-still-recalling-the-old-30495210.aspx

Subject:  Re: Speakers Date:  1/19/2013  6:18 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  10161 of 10536

Michael, thanks, but.. I'm still recalling the old WWV from my earlier Halicrafters S-10 shortwave receiver! I knew he info was out there, but no real need for myself...

Well, I tried out my harmon-karon Soundsticks on the 40" Samsung... It is a good improvement in that a lot more bass, but, no real control, remotely, so once set, that's it without having to get up, go over there and crank it down.. So to answer a phone, not really useful. The TV's Mute is out of the picture as is it's volume control...

So, nevermind all that, I packed it and the old bookshelf speakers from the family room away, took the Soundsticks back to the garage, too..

So Father's Day is coming, maybe a 1010 at that point, I still want to set down and fiddle, see if I can teach it the Comcast remote... It just never took, blinks seemed right, but..

(I still have the S-10 Halicrafters in the garage... needed a tube last time I tried it...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us