The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-wifes-sisters-husband-is-a-minister-in-30495221.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't Show This To A Baby Boomer Date:  1/19/2013  6:26 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  667272 of 737075

My wife's sister's husband is a minister in Dallas, Texas and does a lot of work in Ghana in the Water Wells program where they go into villages and dig wells to get clean water in the village. The church we attend here in Murfreesboro, Tennessee helps support that project. Quite a few of our members have actually gone to Ghana and seen the work and worked at a large Orphanage there and teach school at a Christian School in Ghana.

My church supports a missionary to Ghana, too. When he comes back, he regales the congregation with stories about the food. It was a smack in the face at first what he had to eat while living there. I'll ask him about this rat next time I see him.

He said, "Most people pray before the meal. I routinely prayed during the meal. 'Oh, God, please protect me from what I'm about to eat'."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us