The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotmy-church-supports-a-missionary-to-ghana-30495512.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't Show This To A Baby Boomer Date:  1/19/2013  10:32 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  667292 of 744148

"My church supports a missionary to Ghana, too. When he comes back, he regales the congregation with stories about the food. It was a smack in the face at first what he had to eat while living there. I'll ask him about this rat next time I see him.

He said, "Most people pray before the meal. I routinely prayed during the meal. 'Oh, God, please protect me from what I'm about to eat'." - Catherine

-----------

I'd love to try Grasscutter rat. Probably tastes like Squirrel. My BIL has come back with some nasty infections from Ghana. He had something growing in his eye one time. Our niece, the Librarian, has been to Ghana also and her roommate is going there to teach at a Christian Girls School in Ghana. BIL is my age and his daughter, who is working on a Masters Degree in Theology, is in her late 20's.

The water well program is a big part of our overseas mission work but they also build homes in Guatemala and Mexico and give out presents to little kids and make care packages and send shoes and clothes to Haiti and I think quite a bit of money too.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us