The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Do I Need A Lawyer Date:  1/20/2013  12:43 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  117432 of 123001

I'm unsure how the loan reads as I have no copy of it, but by court order I guarantee the loan.

Loans are publicly recorded documents. If the county that your ex lives in has internet access to public records (many do), you should be able to look to see if there has been a lien release recorded. Some counties allow you to see copies of recorded documents online, too, so you may be able to s