The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/something-just-arose-that-made-me-revisit-this-30496074.aspx

Subject:  Re: Big Dilemma, no income, debt, IRA- need fact Date:  1/20/2013  1:38 PM
Author:  allechor632 Number:  306731 of 308454

Something just arose that made me revisit this thread. I thought it might be interesting to note that since I was last here...

1- I am still unemployed
2- I found out in October that I was misclassified as self-employed and in fact considered an employee (by my state employment security) and am now collecting a meager benefit.
3- Yes, I did move (over the c'mas/new year) b/c I had no choice. It is not ideal in that I have to be out by mid-May. I am paying to store all my belongings, but I have shelter for my few remaining animals and myself
4- My cat was euthanized July 13th. Another pet died two days before and I lost another two in Sept. just two days apart. One of those was positive, as it was a wildlife release.

My IRA is pretty much gone and I will have to deal with the tax and penalty issue in a couple months, but I had no choice. Too bad I did not know about my classification before.

So that's my story. Thanks for everyone's input, as it was much appreciated.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us