The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Running Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bad-week-30496091.aspx

Subject:  Bad Week Date:  1/20/2013  1:51 PM
Author:  JavaRunner Number:  23349 of 23770

So.....

Last week was a pretty bad one for me at work. We are trying to get area schools to come in for a track spike sale, and the toughest nut to crack is an area high school, which is one of the top programs in the country. There is a guy who used to own a running store, who does some work for us occasionally, and had a relationship with the school. In the past he has taken it upon himself to work out a deal with our store and the school, when I think it should be my job. This week I approached the owner about working with the guy, so I don't find out about the deal once kids are coming in(yes that has happened). What happened next was the bad part.

The owner called the guy and suggested he and I meet(we have never met), the guy came right to the store(on my day off), and proceeded to berate my associate manager. He talked about how he hates our store, how he hates the service we provide, and the school won't work with me, because....I don't look like an elite athlete. While he "supposes" I do ok with a weight watchers group, I don't look like a runner.

Several discussions took place amongst the management team, mostly with me saying I don't want this man representing my store. The owner is trying to play peacebroker, but seriously, do you want a guy who says he hates your store representing you?

The guy, the owner and I are supposed to meet this week. As I look into the crystal ball, I can tell you it won't go well.

Charlie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us