The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Do I Need A Lawyer Date:  1/20/2013  3:25 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  117435 of 127753

I'm unsure how the loan reads as I have no copy of it, but by court order I guarantee the loan.


I understand your concern.

Does your divorce documents list the details of the loan? It states you guaranteed the loan. Hopefully, it would give details of the loan.

You can also try checking your credit report. If you can find the lender's name and your name is on the loan, you can directly contact the lender.

If the sale is legitamate, then a recorded mortgage would show on a title search. Title insurance is to protect new owners from any such problems. The loan isn't voided by an improper sale.

Do you have the parcel number? The online county recorder records may only be by parcel number
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us