The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotif-youre-like-me-you-wont-feel-any-older-30496462.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't Show This To A Baby Boomer Date:  1/20/2013  7:03 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  667385 of 744270

"If you're like me you won't feel any older at 60 than you did at 30, and much younger than you did at 50." - catmeyoo

Thanks but something happened to me in my mid 40's and it changed everything about me. It changed the whole way I view life. I was an animal before that experience. I rode bikes, swam, went diving, fishing, hunting, lifted weights, did the stairmaster, etc.

But then one morning I woke up and I felt like I had knives in my hips. And my back hurt, and my right knee bothers me, and sometimes my neck, and my right shoulder is so bad that I can't swim laps anymore - and I used to be swim all day long and never get tired.

And I think God or the Creator of the Universe or whatever you want to call him chose me to learn something that had probably never been shared before.

This whole idea of being here to experience duality and separation, time and space, and make memories of living in a 3 dimensional + 1 time universe is a whole new thing. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience. It's as simple as that.

It's something that has never been thought of before.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us