The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-was-given-a-gift-i-dont-know-quotwhy-30496524.aspx

Subject:  Re: Atheism Date:  1/20/2013  7:47 PM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  667406 of 756480

I was given a gift. I don't know "why me" and why I was given the answers to some of life's most profound questions, but for some reason all the pieces of the puzzle, from me taking 30 graduate semester hours in Holistic Teaching and Learning and learning about the holographic universe theory and the connection to near death experiences all came together and one day when I was walking from our kitchen into our dining room it was like a lightbulb going off in my head and all the pieces of the puzzle coalesced and I knew why we suffered and why we experience so much separation in life and even why we are here.

Hard to say this without being seen as condescending, and trust me please that is not my intent.

Mt friend, he had a conversation with Jesus who talked him down from a bad acid trip.

He was a rather belligerent person up to that point, after he was at peace. He gave up drugs, he actually ended up heading for Oregon and became a lumberjack, he was happy with his family when I lost track of him many years ago.

It all made sense to him, he basically understood he was a vessel for God and lived through him, that was pretty much the gist of it. It didn't help his basketball skills at all though. He had no real use for Priests and religion, but he was good with Jesus and happier than I ever saw him.

Everyone's religion and lack thereof makes sense to them. To some it makes more sense to them than others. I am glad your beliefs bring you comfort and I certainly hope for the benefit of most of us, that you are correct

I will grant that you are a smart fella or as smart as the rest of us, which I think is reasonably intelligent, and that you have given this more thought and study than most. Since I personally think with where we are now you are making a call on the unknowable, I do not know how much that research is worth, but I am rooting for ya(sincerely!) as your vision drags everyone else to a good place, and well you simply can not beat that.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us