The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-will-grant-that-you-are-a-smart-fella-or-30496577.aspx

Subject:  Re: Atheism Date:  1/20/2013  8:28 PM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  667422 of 756812

"I will grant that you are a smart fella or as smart as the rest of us, which I think is reasonably intelligent, and that you have given this more thought and study than most. Since I personally think with where we are now you are making a call on the unknowable, I do not know how much that research is worth, but I am rooting for ya(sincerely!) as your vision drags everyone else to a good place, and well you simply can not beat that." - arrete
-------------------------

Thank you arrete. It's like this, why would this incredibly brilliant and omnipotent creator create a universe where 90%+ of his creation are bound to fail? It makes no sense at all. It's ridiculous.

Don't blame Arrete, she has the sense to gt in quick and get out on threads like this<grin>

I do not pretend to know, why would a creator have their creation go through all this suffering at this level to learn something that the creator could have imbued? Damned if I know

Why do folks enjoy a sport where 70 percent failure is huge success? Maybe the creator enjoys the energy created from the challenge. Maybe the creator don't care. I sure do not claim to know the motives. Heck if there is not one it is even more unimportant!

It is hard to really be sure about the motives of other humans, I am not going to make a call on the motives of a god.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us