The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

Subject:  Re: Atheism Date:  1/20/2013  10:34 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  667449 of 800606

lowstudent:"Make believe?"

lowstudent:"It is an attempt to make logic of stuff there is no logical explanation of."

Like thunder..they invented Wodin hammering on his shield.....

Like floods and ships lost at sea...they invented Neptune

got it?

they were ignorant.

Same today.

Lowstudent:"Someone fits the pieces together and comes to a different conclusion."

No , usually it's 'there's a void, so let's make up an answer for it'.

lowstudent: Same situation existed for a long time with a lot of stuff with a lot of wrong and alternate theories with lots of them having some kernel that was part of the solution eventually but laughably wrong."

So Neptune had a 'kernel' of truth? Wodin?

lowstudent:"Your 'proof; that you are right is nothing but sour grapes."

You must not have been reading the thread. You never have to disprove a negative in a debate.

lowstudent:" At the end of the day there was something else and we apparently came from that."

Really? so you are 'making things up' to explain things? LIke Wodin and Neptune once again?

lowstudents" You have it out for someone so you lash out at priests or whatever. "

The only folks I have it 'out for' are those who wish to shove their religious jingles in front of me all the time, and insist I don't do anything on THEIR 'sabbath day' like not go shopping our eating out. Blue laws, etc...or all the other religious crap they want to lay on us. Like no contraception..... and on from there....

lowstudent:"Enjoy, but I don't have to tell you that you obviously do in your own seemingly bitter way."