The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Current Events

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlt-american-jews-oppose-settlement-30496923.aspx

Subject:  Re: Iran Date:  1/21/2013  6:27 AM
Author:  lhaselden Number:  175035 of 175918

<<
•American Jews Oppose Settlement Expansion: By a margin of 60 to 40 percent, American Jews oppose the expansion of Israeli settlements in the West Bank based on "what they know" and after receiving short statements by supporters and opponents of settlement expansion. Simply put, attitudes toward settlements are highly negative and firmly held. Not surprisingly, opposition to settlements is higher among Reform (64 percent oppose) and unaffiliated Jews (69 percent oppose), in contrast to Orthodox Jews, who strongly support settlements (80 percent support). But one very interesting demographic finding is the strong opposition (72 percent oppose) among Jews who give money to political campaigns.

>>

The American government has opposed the increase in settlements for a long time... I do too.

In response to pressure from US the Israeli government removed Jewish settlements from Gaza and Hamas has consistently given the Israeli right the talking points for not removing and increasing settlements in the west bank. As settlements have increased, I am expecting that the 2-state solution will die. I think it was the most viable solution but it does not appear that the Israelis will give up the settlements in the West Bank....

So if a 2 state solution is dead then the Jewish state will also die... the demographics are such that more Moslems will be in Israel and the West Bank than Jews very soon unless they have already passed that threshhold... That demographic might have also been the motivation for moving out of Gaza.....
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us