The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-reality-i-wouldnt-expect-a-mother-to-move-to-30497037.aspx

Subject:  Re: Marriage Penalty Returns Date:  1/21/2013  9:27 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  117462 of 121351

In reality, I wouldn't expect a mother to move to another state during a kid's senior year in high school and miss everything that happens in his life at that time. So yes, I did make that assumption...

You imposed your values on my straight forward text, and warped the intent rather than letting my words speak for themselves. Since it was not something you could view being able to do, then I must be looking at pretending to change residence and not actually do it. Sorry, but we are not a "do as we say not as we do" kind of people. As I stated it was the start of an idea. I needed to figure out what is even possible before determining if it is worth the pain. While I don't mind reaching out to others to figure out the legalities of a potential strategy, only my family can decide if it is worth it for us to pursue. There are factors in play that you are not and will not be privy to, that have no bearing on the legality of the issue. Our family decision is one discussion I have no intent to involve the boards in.

As is evidenced by a similar attack to the OP of this thread, thinking outside the box, trying to isolate the legalities from the emotional or conventional, tends to be viewed with a biased eye.

IP
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us