The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotwell-i-sort-of-have-to-care-about-what-two-30498914.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't Show This To A Baby Boomer Date:  1/22/2013  11:01 AM
Author:  Art53 Number:  667738 of 743989

"Well, I sort of have to care about what two people eat (my wife and son), at the very least so I don't end up with a wife tossing her cookies everywhere (onions do her in every time, plus she's diabetic) and while my son doesn't have any known allergies he's in grade school." colovion
------------

My wife is a vegetarian but I'm not. I do most of the cooking so when I make spaghetti for instance I make a big pot of sauce and then cook sausage or hamburger on the side and add sauce to the meat, splitting it about in 1/2 for mi espousa.

I do the same for when I make stir fry. I cook meat on the side. My wife also doesn't like black or hot red pepper or raw onions so I always make sure the onions in food I cook are well done; but I still eat raw onions and black pepper and hot spicey peppers on whatever I want.

It's a little bit of trouble but not a lot. I cooked tofu and tempeh for Bonnie last night.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us