The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-long-time-ago-a-friend-who-is-no-longer-in-my-30499830.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't Show This To A Baby Boomer Date:  1/22/2013  4:40 PM
Author:  2828 Number:  667813 of 744329

A long time ago, a friend (who is no longer in my life nowadays) used to do that to me. Once on some road trip or other, we stopped at a restaurant and I wasn't all that hungry and just ordered a salad, and he accused me of being "anorexic". WTF? Number one, I was a bit paunchy at the time (anorexics aren't), and number two, I didn't see why I needed to eat a ton of calories when I had done nothing but sit in a car all day. Sheesh.

On another occasion a few years later, this friend invited me out for a drive with him and his BF at the time, and we stopped at a restaurant for dinner. I wasn't really hungry, I had eaten earlier, and had just accepted the invitation for the company, so I just ordered a salad or whatever (who the hell remembers, this was 20 years ago), and he started in on lecturing me how I needed to eat meat.
--------------------------------------------------
You should've ordered the mutton.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us