The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/well-i-sort-of-have-to-care-about-what-two-30500528.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't Show This To A Baby Boomer Date:  1/22/2013  11:48 PM
Author:  warrl Number:  667866 of 744043

Well, I sort of have to care about what two people eat (my wife and son), at the very least so I don't end up with a wife tossing her cookies everywhere (onions do her in every time, plus she's diabetic) and while my son doesn't have any known allergies he's in grade school. Bringing "tree nuts" into his school is akin to a hate crime, it's forbidden in no uncertain terms due to rampant allergies. Heck, there's a kid in his scout den who is allergic to nuts, dairy... practically everything kids eat at his age! So in order to not kill (literally!) one of his friends I have to pay attention to these things.

DW and I once sat and designed a pizza to sicken as many people we knew as possible with ordinary, non-spoiled ingredients commonly used on pizza

* wheat flour
* tomato
* onions
* beef
* any cow-milk cheese (counts twice, three times if we omit the beef)
* any shellfish including shrimp (counts twice)
* any fish (counts once, twice if we omit the shellfish)
* mushrooms

Ten people...

(We had no intention of even trying to feed the pizza to these people, and no idea how to persuade them to eat it anyway.)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us