The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/that-is-probably-true-i-was-just-stating-my-30500578.aspx

Subject:  Re: Being Prepared. Date:  1/23/2013  12:46 AM
Author:  Windowseat Number:  306740 of 308643

That is probably true. I was just stating my opinion, anyone can take it or leave it.

I agree a different name would allow people to have more access to the site. But it sounded as though she was determined to do it this way. However, if the site is brand=new, maybe some feedback will persuade her to change.

Even if people don't download her templates, just reading about what she went through might cause others to start thinking about what they need to do in case of trouble. My mother rewrote (or rather, had the lawyer rewrite) her will back in May. At the same time, the lawyer redid all the other related documents; durable power of attorney, living will, health care proxy, and so on. We all had a nice little talk with the attorney, and he said how nice we were and so on. We never dreamed the end would come that fast, but Mom had a major stroke in August and died in September. Having all those documents made life infinitely easier for everyone.

Nancy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us