The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: filing an amended return Date:  1/23/2013  12:18 PM
Author:  billjam Number:  117503 of 127642

I've filed amended federal returns twice in the last decade. In both cases I had additional refunds coming. It's not that hard and they were processed quicker than I expected. In the first instance I also filed an amended state return, which took 7 months to clear even though my state won't even accept an amended return until the feds have accepted theirs. In the second instance my additional state refund would only have been $5. I just let the state keep it. If you owe money you don't have a choice. File both federal and state.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us