The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltoh-man-i-wish-there-was-a-way-for-me-to-show-30501407.aspx

Subject:  Re: Middle Class[Income] Jobs ain't Coming Back? Date:  1/23/2013  1:08 PM
Author:  WendyBG Number:  414123 of 465129

<Oh man, I wish there was a way for me to show you what I see. I have never been more excited for the future in my life. There are advances and great ideas happening everywhere I look.>

Whafa, I'm delighted to read this and gave you a rec.

But you have to realize that you are an exceptionally bright guy, able and eager to learn and invent new ways.

Older people and the less educated will be less capable of creating and exploiting future developments. Pretty much every advance, whether economic (industrial revolution) or cultural (women's liberation, the collapse of communism in the U.S.S.R., etc.) hurt massive numbers of people who couldn't adapt to the change.

On a macro level, there will be a lot of hardship until the old way gradually declines and the new way becomes normal. In the Bible, G-d himself kept the Israelites wandering for 40 years after the liberation from Egypt because the older folks weren't ready for freedom.

40 years sounds about right to me. I won't be around by then, but your generation will.

Wendy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us