The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-respect-that-you-may-honestly-believe-this-but-30501659.aspx

Subject:  Re: Contradiction? Gun ownership v. Military bud Date:  1/23/2013  2:49 PM
Author:  Ziege19 Number:  416858 of 439297

I respect that you may honestly believe this. But it is hurtful to read from someone I generally respect. I'm on the other side of this issue and I don't resemble this characterization at all.

Do you think your argument might improve if you left out the belittling and hateful name-calling?

The recent gun control uproar has been very depressing to me. I've watched close friends who are liberals begin acting like -ack- Republicans. The same disregard of facts and details, the same assumptive Everyone Already Knows attitude, the same "if you disagree you must hate babies" garbage.

And to make it worse, it came from several who are outspoken defenders of Obama's drone program and who find it quite easy to dismiss dead babies when they are far away and brown, but who find all sorts of recreation in using pretty white ones as clubs with which to beat their political opponents for fun.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us