The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-would-add-two-skills-to-the-list-but-strictly-30502472.aspx

Subject:  Re: Middle Class[Income] Jobs ain't Coming Back? Date:  1/23/2013  7:21 PM
Author:  bighairymike Number:  667997 of 737392

I would add two skills to the list - but strictly as additions, not substitutions:

a) skill in structured thinking, because if you aren't telling a computer what to do you'll be needing to understand what a computer is doing

b) creativity, because this is what computers are really not good at (whenever a brute force let's-try-all-possible-combinations-and-tweaks approach is not viable - which it usually isn't) - warrl

------------------

Something else computers arent really good at are repairing LD's water line, or any other of the trades. I say this only to remind everybody that a college education is not the only way to a happy and self sufficient life. Kids are preached college since sixth grade and feel like a failure if they have to become a mechanic.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us