The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gtgthow-many-peoples-jobs-are-you-now-doing-30502639.aspx

Subject:  Re: Middle Class[Income] Jobs ain't Coming Back? Date:  1/23/2013  8:33 PM
Author:  bighairymike Number:  668013 of 744947

>>How many people's jobs are you now doing? Twenty years ago, how many people would it take and how long to do what you now do from your desk in half an hour?<<

Technology has made the lending business less--not more--efficient.

Now, clerical drones scroll through PDF files and constantly miss things that are right before their eyes. With paper, it was far less likely they would overlook something, not that it didn't happen at all.

I could cite many more examples, but it's boring. - CC

---------------------------

I agree with that. PDF's are good for some things. But not so much for complex documents that have to be comprehended. I read a lot of contracts, proposals and RFP's and to really get my critical thinking going, I need to print it, so I can make notes in the margins, underline phrases, highlight words, etc to extract all the salient info. Reading a PDF from top to bottom on a PC just doesn't impart the necessary depth of understanding.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us