The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: filing an amended return Date:  1/23/2013  9:33 PM
Author:  Wradical Number:  117516 of 127548

(Eric Hines:)I also knew when I filed the original that I'd have to file amended later: one of the companies in which I'd invested wasn't going to send its K-1s until early summer, and I didn't want to wait that long to file (or go through the drill of getting the extension). I didn't worry about this for two reasons: I was going to get a refund, and the K-1 was going to reflect chump change income for me..
Editorial comment: OK, your choice, but I'd suggest for most people that it's a lot less work to get the extension, whether you have to pay or not, than to do an amended return.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us