The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sigh-i-hate-my-job-used-to-love-it-before-30503134.aspx

Subject:  Re: Middle Class[Income] Jobs ain't Coming Back? Date:  1/24/2013  7:08 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  668039 of 757854

*sigh* I hate my job. Used to love it before "paperless" grabbed the industry by its collective throat. Add profoundly stupid regulations and you've got one gigantic mess that will take at least a century to refine.

I was in IT

Sarbanas Oxley transformed my job into one that was no longer problem solving and increasing productivity with a little paperwork to overseeing massive paperwork and spending half my time preparing for audits

Departments did not want to come to my people for solutions because they would have to re-document all their processes so they would rather NOT be more efficient--yes this created an additional wedge between staff and management

SOX was a pain in the butt, it decreased flexibility, it slowed progress, it made things more expensive and it increased safety in a short term perspective if you accept change is bad.

SOX was the ultimate progressive style legislation.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us