The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / College Hoops

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-hear-there-was-a-game-in-coral-gables-30504347.aspx

Subject:  I hear there was a game in Coral Gables Date:  1/24/2013  3:26 PM
Author:  NajdorfSicilian Number:  11057 of 11153

last night. Anyone see it?

Worst destruction of a #1 team since UCLA in 1968?

Ike Turner called Miami to tell Larranaga to ease off?

'3. Miami May Be Very Good

It's true that 5-0 in the ACC might not mean much, and even a win over no. 1 Duke might not mean as much as you'd expect, but the Hurricanes have become an excellent defensive team (12th in the country in efficiency, per KenPom) with an abundance of seniors and a lightning-quick point guard in Shane Larkin, whose legs move so fast at full speed that I swear the footage is sped up, like those old clips of Babe Ruth on the basepaths. If there was a star last night, it was Larkin, whose 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists gave Miami the engine it needed to overrun the visitors.

Or maybe the star was Durand Scott, the senior guard who scored 25 points on 9-14 shooting and helped expose Duke's weak perimeter defense.
Or maybe it was Kenny Kadji, the 6-foot-11 senior who became the latest big man to outplay Mason Plumlee, scoring 22 points on an absurdly efficient 9-11 from the floor.

Or maybe it was Trey McKinney Jones, whose defense held Seth Curry to an 0-10 night and the fifth scoreless game of his career.'
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us