The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask The Headhunter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/many-doors-open-at-once-30504385.aspx

Subject:  Many doors open at once Date:  1/24/2013  3:51 PM
Author:  RayKinsella Number:  49064 of 49438

I've posted time and again on this boards about my job search. I've been lost trying to learn how to do this in 2013. However, I learned what I could. I didn't get an interview for six months.
Until now.
Now, I'm working with three companies at once. Two opportunities that I've been pursuing have gone just past the second interview stage.
Then, Monday, I was given a promotion here that was promised to me months ago. I have been aggressively looking around because here, internally, they promised and promised but never delivered. I was promised a new laptop, funding for a database I created, and a promotion. Now, on the cusp of leaving the company, they have given it all to me.
Well, close. I don't have anything in writing yet (DANGER WILL ROBINSON). I'm about to burn a major bridge by leaving as they try to hand me a lot more money.
But I think I'm ok with that.
I'm interested in the thoughts of people close to this situation in your experience. I appreciate it.
Ray
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us