The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-hear-this-one-a-lot-quotcitizens-30505179.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tiananmen Square Activist On 2nd Amendment Date:  1/25/2013  12:16 AM
Author:  Art53 Number:  668195 of 736409

"I hear this one a lot. "Citizens equipped with modern assault rifles are not match for a modern army" so you might as well give up the rifles. It is really hard to have a meaningful discussion with someone that they would put forth such an argument. It is really hard to believe that someone could be so stupid as to believe that the citizens would be better off fighting a modern army with NO weapons?!" - Jim
-------------------

The truth is that I don't own and shoot guns because I am necessarily planning on killing another human being. I like guns because I like shooting animals and eating them.

Using the gun as home protection is just sort of a side benefit that crosses my mind once in a while - but it's not my main reason for owning guns.

I just like shooting guns. It's fun to aim at stuff and hit what your aiming at. I especially like shooting rifles with scopes and being able to hit something really small from a long distance away. It's cool. It satisfies the evolutionary hunter gatherer in me. I mean lets face it, most of the last 200,000 years of human existence was spent living as hunter gatherers.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us