The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks T / 3D Systems

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-guys-all-great-logic-and-the-stock-just-30506253.aspx

Subject:  Re: How will 3D printers change manufacturing? Date:  1/25/2013  1:27 PM
Author:  ssesox Number:  123 of 492

Thanks guys all great logic, and the stock just keeps going up! But I still can't get my arms around how a 3D printer will be used to make plastic parts in someones home or small factory. There are gazillions of different plastics and compounds. There are also many different process that are performed after a part is made that are needed to make the plastic,to make it hard, brittle, flexible, increase its stregnth,color, finish. I can't see how a 3D printer will be able to make these parts. Where and how will the printer get these materiels. Ink is one thing but there are thousands of different plastic compounds that are used in order to get the plastic parts to perform correctly. I guess since I make plastic parts I'm too close to this and I'm not thinking outside the box. Probally should sell and take my quick profit. Thanks
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us