The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/todays-news-reports-consistently-emphasize-that-30506774.aspx

Subject:  Re: Court: Owebama abused his power Date:  1/25/2013  4:37 PM
Author:  icono5 Number:  1855289 of 1951571

Today's news reports consistently emphasize that this decision is "a victory for Republicans." Gee: must be that rampant liberal media bias. A panel of judges all appointed by Republican presidents reached a decision that Republicans applaud. That's a bit like saying I'm really happy that only people I invited decided to show up for my birthday party.

The same theorists who decry judicial activism have done just what the higher court (SCOTUS) did in the now-infamous "Citizen United" decision three years ago: disregard _stare decisis_ and years upon years of settled governmental practice. How is that a "conservative" outcome in any meaningful way?

Oh, but congrats to the stonewallers in Congress. The unitary executive was a highly popular concept just a few years ago. What changed? "Their guy" lost the presidential election.

Victory: the one truly enduring principle.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us