The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Employer classifying as 1099 Date:  1/25/2013  6:14 PM
Author:  Jeanwa Number:  117535 of 127753

In addition to what Phil said, depending on the state, if he is an employee, the employer would also be responsible for State Industrial Insurance and unemployments insurance.

If a contract laborer, in WA State the employer would also have to have proof that he had a business license.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us