The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Help with this STUPID computer!

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-found-a-version-of-quickbooks-pro-2012-30507230.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retail (Media Only) Date:  1/25/2013  9:32 PM
Author:  warrl Number:  183527 of 190336

I have found a version of Quickbooks Pro 2012 with Enhanced Payroll. The listing states "Retail (Media Only". What does this mean?

It means you get a CD and maybe a cardboard envelope. No documentation.

I bough a version of Q2013 with less: I received an email giving me the info I needed to download it. That's plenty.

I don't know if I'd recommend this approach for someone with no experience with Quicken - but...

* There is online help including a "getting started" guide
* There are plenty of third-party books available for various popular pieces of software (including Quicken), many of them better than the publishers' documentation. I particularly think that the "for dummies" books generally are pretty good as being, not really for dummies, but for reasonably intelligent people unfamiliar with the particular field (finance software, photo editing, drawing with computers, or whatever) being discussed. (I'm rather less satisfied with the "idiot's guide" books.) Although there may - probably are - exceptions.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us