The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Education, Jobs & Professions / Military Fools
|Subject: Re: TMF wants to hear from Military Fools||Date: 1/26/2013 9:27 AM|
|Author: Magicflight||Number: 37434 of 37586|
Holzapfel, Cicciano, Ryan, thanks for the input!
So far we've got:
1) Military retirees are losing retirement medical benefits. What can we do about that as retirees?
2) The military pension program is stronger than most. (With my follow-on: can we remain a more aggressive investor with a strong pension to fall back on?)
3) Traditional vs Roth TSPs. Especially taking into account military tax-free pays.
4)Savings Deposit Program - if I understand the question right: Should you max out the SDP instead of the TSP when able. Very interesting question.
5) Redux vs full retirement. And how about 15 year early retirement vs 20?
6) Is the Survivor Benefit Plan right for you?
Ryan, could you elaborate on this one? I.e. what are good alternatives and considerations for choosing?
Well done so far, what else is out there?
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|