The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-nhs-cant-afford-to-take-care-of-you-and-30509078.aspx

Subject:  Re: Why you might want lots of grandkids Date:  1/27/2013  11:50 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  47470 of 60082

The NHS can't 'afford' to take care of you.

And yet, they do a better job overall than our private health system does.

BTW, washing and feeding patients are among the duties of nurses' aides, not nurses (except in ICU/NICU or in some cases within a day or two of major surgery). I kind of enjoyed giving bed baths and was good at it, engaging patients in conversation about family, work or local events to distract from any embarrassment.

I took care of my Mom after her back surgery a few years ago, and I bet most of us have done some sort of care-stint with a relative at some point, or received such aid. Donna not only took care of her Mom, she took her into her home. Retired Vermonter's wife took care of her parents. And didn't Seattle Pioneer's brother & sister-in-law take care of him after a surgery or illness? My mother stopped by her parents' nursing home practically daily after work. This is nothing new and not invented in Britain.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us