The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Low Carb Way of Life

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/chocolate-progress-30509402.aspx

Subject:  Chocolate progress Date:  1/27/2013  3:40 PM
Author:  NailThatJello Number:  29961 of 30800

My defensive strategy is to find low carb alternatives to the diet killers like pizza and chocolate. On the chocolate front, I went to war today against Reese's peanut butter cups. A real weak point. I gotta shoot them before they shoot me down.

I made a sugarless Reese's-style chocolate peanut butter cup today, and in spite of my serious doubts at the outset, it worked. I bought some small soft silicon cupcake molds, put them in the freezer. Then spooned in a little low carb chocolate in liquid state and rolled the mold around so the sides would get coated. Once it started to harden I popped it into the freezer to fully harden. Then repeat about three times to build up that side wall.

Then drop in some peanut butter and seal it with some more chocolate on top. When hardened, gently turn the mold inside out and they pop right out undamaged.

Tasted pretty much like the real thing! Take that, Satan.

In other news, I found suppliers of chocolate nibs and cocoa butter on Amazon. This should make it more realistic tasting than using coconut oil.

Next evildoer to take down: After Eights.

Dare I think it: can m&m's be far behind?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us