The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/oh-that-explains-it-i-enjoy-studying-near-death-30511285.aspx

Subject:  Re: On second thought, 2828 - Small Cap Issue Date:  1/28/2013  3:56 PM
Author:  MetalDecathlete Number:  668766 of 726035

Oh! That explains it. I enjoy studying near death experiences, death bed visions, and the holographic universe, and quantum physics and that is why I just leave my money in index funds and leave it alone.

Studying companies and watching what they do would cause a great pain between my ears. Like tonight I'm looking forward to watching Downton Abbey on PBS with my wife.

Art

I'm a bit in the middle. The most I've ever owned at one time was 7 stocks and had another 13 on a watch list. I found it tiresome to keep up with 20 stocks with regard to all my other hobbies and interests (sports, scifi, survivalist skills).

I just recently narrowed down my individual stock exposure to 4 stocks. The rest is in mutual funds.

I suspect over the next few years, I'll eventually stop picking stocks and go with mutual funds solely as I near my 1.25 million FIRE goal.

Metal
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us