The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/shes-not-a-liberal-30514109.aspx

Subject:  She's not a liberal Date:  1/29/2013  7:51 PM
Author:  ascenzm Number:  669064 of 736392

but she voted for Obama. Argh!

Had lunch today with a friend and was discussing her hushand's recovery from knee surgery. She tells me that her husband is probably going to have to get total knee replacements in the future. I told her that he better look into the knee replacements before ObamaCare kicks in and chases the good doctors into retirement.

One thing lead to another and she tells me that Bush's deficits lead her to vote for Obama but all is well because she is not a liberal. Oh my. Since she is a good friend I neglected to tear into her verbally. She then bashed right wing whackos and I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was sitting across from a right wing whacko aka an American who believes in limited government, balanced budgets, personal responsibility, sealed borders, strong defense, second amendment.

The only good thing is that her vote didn't count because Obama was going to win PA regardless of her vote.

Low information voters are everywhere.

Mike
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us